TFG Transfracht connects the D-A-CH region by transporting around 4,000 TEU of cargo environmentally friendly every day between six seaports – including Bremerhaven and Wilhelmshaven. The Deutsche Bahn subsidiary states that it has the densest train network in seaport hinterland services in Europe.
Credits: TFG TRANSFRACHT
AlbatrosExpress forwards cargo from Maschen further into the hinterland regions via a closely interlinked rail network. The route leads through various terminals, amongst other destinations, which are served by TFG Transfracht between 3–20 times a week. A total of 27 terminals are connected to the AlbatrosExpress network. “Our most frequent stop is the train station in Regensburg, which primarily serves as a hub for the automotive industry. That said, Frankfurt am Main, Erfurt, Stuttgart, Leipzig, Ulm and Dortmund are also key transport hubs for us in Germany,” said Best. In Austria, cargo flows are mainly concentrated in the Salzburg, Enns, Vienna, Graz and Wolfurt locations, whilst in Switzerland everything goes through the terminal in Basel. In this three-country intersect, with the addition of Italy, TFG Transfracht handles around 85 per cent of its activities via the AlbatrosExpress. The remaining 15 per cent is made up by company trains, which are implemented outside of the official timetable on an individual basis for customer requests and as tailor-made logistics solutions.